Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Short Writing done at Writing Group 6-27

introduction: In writing group Moyer came prepared with an exercise he passed around 2 small sheets of paper and asked everyone to write a sentence on one piece and a subject for someone to write about on the other. Then we threw them into his hat and everyone chose one of each. Throwing back and redrawing if one pulled their own input. Here is my piece with sentence from Sarah Heffernan and subject from Diane Dube- I am going to save revealing those til the end. As I think it makes the read much better.



☀︎ ☼ ☀︎ ☼ ☀︎ ☼ ☀︎

Singing merrily, I hopped off the bus and sashayed down the street. The sun shining down and birds keeping tune- I practically floated along. Everything was beautiful. The weather, the lighting, the smiling faces I passed. It seemed as if it had all aligned perfectly for me. I pictured ancient druids thousands of years ago setting it all in stone. Predetermining my destiny.

I was in love.
And life never felt better. 


As I rounded the corner my heart palpitating, my feet dancing I thought of my love who'd surely be at the cafe. Wait. was that thunder? I briefly noticed the sky clouding over but brushed it off. And waltzed upon my way eager to surprise my precious new sweetheart. 


Standing outside the cafe- peering in through the window; my smile faded. Suddenly it was cold and dark. There in a cozy corner of the main room, they sat. Was she whispering in his ear? How long is she gonna do that? Maybe she's being forward, and he's just trying to be polite. I proffered myself weakly.  He leaned in put his arm about her and pulled her close. 


I stopped breathing.
The rain fell in big drops. Splat, splat, splat!

☀︎ ☼ ☀︎ ☼ ☀︎ ☼ ☀︎











Line: "The rain drops fell in big drops. Splat, splat, splat. 
Subject: Betrayal.


No comments: